Back in 1910 Abdul Karim Mohammed a spice trader bought the building and converted it into a warehouse. Karim Mohammed passed on this legacy to his son AKM Sulaiman. As tourism flourished in Kochi and the number of tourists visiting the Synagogue increased
Mr. Sulaiman moved his business from the Dutch building to another part of the city. From then on, this building with its treasure trove of history remained closed for almost thirty years until Junaid Sulaiman grandson of Mr. Karim Mohammed decided to convert it into an art cafe.